St Andrew’s Church, Irnham – reopening solely for Private Prayer
We are delighted to be permitted to reopen the Church although, owing to the continuing need to safe guard against the Covid 19 virus, there are restrictions which must be observed.
Social distancing (presently two metres) must be maintained in the church, porch, churchyard and when entering and exiting. In addition, the following procedures must be observed (in conjunction with common sense) -
1. The Church will be open on Wednesdays and Saturdays between 10.00am and 1.00pm for Private Prayer only and not for “heritage” or tourist visits. We regret most sincerely that these restrictions apply to actual or potential wedding couples who are not allowed, for the time being, to look around planning the logistics of their wedding day. A ‘Church Open’ sign will be displayed at the gates during visiting times for private prayer.
2. Those coming to pray should ensure they wash their hands before leaving home – it is accepted that this may not have happened on a first visit unless the individual(s) received this Notice by email.
3. In the Porch there will be a table on which the following will be placed:
a. A copy of this Notice.
b. A hand sanitiser dispenser which must be used on entry and exit.
c. Disposable gloves.
d. Kitchen roll.
e. An entry and exit form to be completed by each person entering the Church – the signature on the form acknowledges that the individual has read and agrees to abide by the conditions in the Notice.
f. A metal mug with clean biros and a box for used biros which will be cleaned before re-use.
g. A dustbin for disposal of gloves, kitchen roll, etc – please ensure the lid on the dustbin is closed.
h. A QR Code for use with individuals’ mobiles if people wish to make a donation, which would be most gratefully received at a time when there are no regular collections to support the upkeep of the Church. There will also be some yellow Gift Aid envelopes for those who did not bring a mobile!
4. The maximum number to be permitted in the Church is six, if more arrive at the same time entry must be on basis of one out, one in - with those waiting to maintain social distancing in the churchyard.
5. Pews I and 4 from the back will be available so that people may sit in positions where indicated to pray; the main body of the Church, the side pews and pews 2 and 3 from the back, will be roped off. These restrictions are to limit the areas which will need to be cleaned by approved volunteers.
6. There will be no books, including bibles sadly, available for use.
7. The door to the Porch should be left open and the main door must be closed in order to stop birds entering the Church
The above may need to be varied as restrictions are eased or if we have an unexpected number of people attending for private prayer.
We extend the warmest of welcomes to everyone combined with an apology for imposing the restrictions set out above.
In the event of any visitor developing signs of the virus at a later date, please ensure that Tom Bagge (07702 317 278) of Charlie Leggatt (07968 499 550) are contacted immediately so that appropriate action can be taken by them.
The PCC will adopt the cleaning methods recommended by the Church authorities but they accept no liability for the health of anyone coming to the Church for private prayer.
Parish Priest, Corby Glen Group of Parishes
The Parish Council are working with South Kesteven District Council and Lincolnshire County Council to keep up to date with support for our community.
As a small community we are all working together to support each other during these very difficult times and this seems to be working very well.
Thanks to Tom and Jon for setting up the WhatsApp group and a special thanks to Jamie and Michael for all the delicious Take Away food from the Griffin. (Phone 01476 550201 11am/2.30pm & 5pm/8.30pm to place an order)
If anyone has any suggestions for further support please do get in touch via the Contact Form
on this website.
Stay safe and well.
Irnham Parish Council
Information from Lincolnshire County Council:
Coronavirus: What you need to do
The latest information from national government in relation to the Coronavirus outbreak: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Coronavirus: Community help and volunteering
If you are a member of the community that requires support you can request help online at:
www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/requesthelp or dial 01522 782189 for assistance
You can also volunteer to help on Lincolnshire County Council's website at:
www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/volunteer or by calling 01522 782189.